Kids say, and believe, the darndest things.
Most kids have preconceived notions about how the world works that they picked up from movies, cartoons, and pop culture in general. It isn’t until we’re older that we realize how silly some of these beliefs were! On Twitter, people are sharing their “did anyone else grow up thinking” moments, and we’re embarrassed to say we relate to more than a few.
1. When only the finest dining will do!
2. We were “today years old” when we found out this isn’t really dangerous.
3. Television made it seem like there was quicksand around every corner.
4. We blame Looney Tunes for this one. We’re looking at you, “Tom & Jerry!”
5. You mean they’re not?! You’re hanging in the wrong crowd.
6. Whatever happened to that, anyway? Seems like you never hear about it anymore.
7. Move over, educated meteorologists! This looks like a job for a marmot.
8. Don’t feel weird! We may or may not be right there with you.
9. That’s how they always did it on T.V.!
10. Then we found they can smell a little funky. You don’t want to know what’s in that water!
11. You mean… it’s not?
12. In this case, it’s better to be prepared, just in case. Don’t you think?
13. Get out of our brain, Michelle!
14. To be eaten with pinkies delicately extended, of course.
15. Some of us still misspell that word every. single. time we type it.
Did anyone else grow up thinking hamster is spelled hampster? With a p? I still can’t shake it. (tbh not sure I want to…hamPster is so fun to say 😂) pic.twitter.com/11MjwleaLd— Emma Janzen (@emmajanzen) December 29, 2021
We wish we didn’t relate to quite so many of these tweets, but so be it! You live, you learn.
Share this story with someone who might relate to one (or a few) of these list items.
Want more good news?
Sign up for Smile, our free daily good news email with over 600,000 happy and optimistic subscribers!
Share to Give!
Every time you share an article, we donate to Smile Train to help provide life-changing cleft surgeries to children in need. Spread good news, change lives! Learn more here.
$15.30 raised today!
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.