Cats and dogs make great pets, but lizards are often overlooked when it comes to companion animals.
No, they’re not furry, and no, they don’t necessarily like to cuddle. Plus, there’s the whole “eating bugs” aspect of their care, which is not for everyone. But the people who love caring for lizards are passionate about their cold-blooded terrarium-dwelling pals. After seeing how cute they can be, we can see why!
1. Just look at this sweet little face! He seems very proud of his jaunty ribbon.
2. This gecko is giving us serious puppy dog vibes. Who knew they could smile? We sure didn’t.
3. Apparently, cats and bearded dragons can be best friends! The dragon is probably just in it for the warmth, but what’s the cat’s excuse?
4. Be careful! This little fellow looks like he’s plotting something huge.
5. What we wouldn’t give to be this relaxed… ever!
6. Those little fingers on the glass are making us say “squee!”
7. Have you ever loved a banana so much that you had to wear the peel as a hat?
8. Meet the cutest, most curious little gecko buddy ever.
9. We don’t know what kind of lizard this is, but he is chonky.
10. Teeny-tiny, dime-sized baby dragon? Yes, please.
11. This bearded dragon has his own little bed and pillow, and he sleeps there every night. Aw!
12. This gecko is so cute, he ought to be in pictures.
13. Just look at this face and tell us you don’t like lizards. Go ahead and try.
14. After living with Fred for four years, his owners discovered he’s actually a girl. They’re all okay with it!
15. There’s something about a mango watermelon smoothie that made this guy go full “derp.”
How adorable are these lizards? We didn’t think it was possible to keep a tiny dragon in your house, but our eyes have been opened to the possibilities!
Share this story to spread some lizard love.
Want more animal stories?
Sign up for Stay Pawsitive, our free newsletter filled with all the cutest animal stories sent to you 2x per week!
Share to Give!
Every time you share an article, we donate to Smile Train to help provide life-changing cleft surgeries to children in need. Spread good news, change lives! Learn more here.
$13.56 raised today!
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.