It was a hot summer day in Florida when Jeff Longo found a tiny animal lying still on the sidewalk. The little tyke was so young it was difficult to discern what it was, but Jeff decided to take it home anyway.
Little did he know, Jeff had just met his new best friend, Biscuits. That day, Jeff posted photos on Reddit wondering how to care for the creature… the community told him the southern flying squirrel would likely die without her mother.
Thankfully, they were wrong.
1. Biscuits was only 3-cm-long when Jeff found her.
2. It was hard to tell what kind of animal she was. But soon found out she was a southern flying squirrel!
3. Everyone said she wouldn’t make it.
4. Little did they know, their journey had just begun.
5. Jeff kept her warm and well fed.
6. Their bond grew and grew…
7. She’s made friends with the whole family.
8. And never leaves Jeff’s side.
9. She even has her own playpen!
10. With lots of nooks for her to cuddle in.
11. Oh we forgot to mention: Biscuits loves to skateboard!
12. And play hide and seek!
13. What are friends for anyway? To help you get back on your feet and fly!
Biscuits is now happy, healthy and zooming about the house like nobody’s business. It’s wonderful to see what a little human kindness can do in the world!
Share Biscuit’s beautiful story with a friend.
Want more animal stories?
Sign up for Stay Pawsitive, our free newsletter filled with all the cutest animal stories sent to you 2x per week!
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.