It’s one of the hottest summers on record, and things are getting especially heated in a small town called Marshfield, Missouri!
It all started when Mario, an employee at the local McDonald’s, noticed a lot of people in town getting grumpy because of the hot weather. Hoping to make people laugh, he asked if he could start an “old-fashioned sign war” with the Dairy Queen next door. Management said yes, and it was off to the races!
1. “Hey DQ! Wanna have a sign war?” was the first shot fired.
2. “We would, but we’re too busy makin’ ice cream,” was DQ’s saucy reply.
3. “That’s cute, our ice cream makes itself,” McD’s snapped back.
4. “You mean it actually works? Shocker.” The gloves are off, people!
5. That’s when the local bank got involved.
6. “Wow, salty like our world famous fries,” taunted McDonald’s.
7. Wendy’s has entered the chat! “Hot and crispy fries don’t arch,” they sassed.
8. “Don’t be salty on our account,” the bank jumped in.
9. DQ issued a warning: “Behave or we’ll flip you like our Blizzards.”
10. Not to be outdone, a Mexican restaurant jumped into the fray with “nacho average sign.”
11. “Who needs ice cream? We have watermelons!” said the fruit market.
12. When the loan company gets involved, you know it’s on like Donkey Kong!
13. Not all businesses wanted to fight. Some were just there to see how it all played out.
14. Oof, things are getting personal!
15. Don’t worry, though. This isn’t DQ’s first rodeo.
How will it end? Will Dairy Queen issue the final blow to McDonald’s, or will the Golden Arches prevail? We’ll have to watch the Marshfield Chamber of Commerce Facebook page to find out. Stay tuned!
Share this story to get in on the fun and spread some laughter!
Want more good news?
Sign up for Smile, our free daily good news email with over 600,000 happy and optimistic subscribers!
You share, we give! Every time you share an article, we donate to Smile Train to provide life-changing cleft surgeries to children in need.
$9.30 raised today! Learn more here.
Share to Give!
Every time you share an article, we donate to Smile Train to help provide life-changing cleft surgeries to children in need. Spread good news, change lives! Learn more here.
$9.30 raised today!
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.