Being robbed in broad daylight seems terrifying unless the thief happens to be a massive bird who feels no guilt whatsoever.
Then, we’ve got to admit, it’s kind of funny! Seagulls are large sea birds that can stand up to 2-feet tall. They eat anything they can fit in their mouths, which means people munching on ice cream cones, hot dogs, and other beachside treats are fair game. Take a look at these brazen birds who were caught helping themselves using the old “five-feathered discount.”
1. Just look at this stinker who walked right into a convenience store and helped himself to a packaged sandwich!
2. Cornwall, England is home to some of the most brazen seagull thieves around. Check out this brave BBC reporter attempting to eat a prawn sandwich on the beach!
3. Okay, this next video is edited and meant to be a parody, but it’s still too funny not to share!
4. Either they don’t take direction well, or they can’t read. Or both.
5. When Sam the seagull has an urge for Doritos, he just waltzes right into the corner store to get a bag. He’s taken 20 so far! At least he shares them with his seagull friends, though.
6. This gull in Devon, England wonders why stop at one bag at a time, when you can grab two?
7. “Your ice cream cone? Don’t you mean OUR ice cream cone?”
8. The worst part is when they stare at you belligerently while eating your stolen snacks.
Not a seagull stealing my M&S crisps, ripping the unopen packet apart while looking back at me and then eating a few before walking off??? Only in Brighton pic.twitter.com/wSESHdzHdQ— M (@rosaluxemburgs) September 29, 2021
9. “What a nice-looking sandwich you have there. It would be a shame if something were to… happen to it.”
10. Let’s not give them any ideas! They’re bold enough.
Anyone missing a child? pic.twitter.com/KHJ4YO5XdI— Sally Gottschalk (@georginasally) June 3, 2021
You’ve got to admire the chutzpah! Nothing gets between these predators and their prey of choice. It’s a good thing that prey is usually bags of chips and tourists’ sandwiches!
Have you or your friends ever been robbed at beak-point by a hungry sea bird?
Share this story and start the conversation!
Want more animal stories?
Sign up for Stay Pawsitive, our free newsletter filled with all the cutest animal stories sent to you 2x per week!
You share, we give! Every time you share an article, we donate to Smile Train to provide life-changing cleft surgeries to children in need.
$11.52 raised today! Learn more here.
Share to Give!
Every time you share an article, we donate to Smile Train to help provide life-changing cleft surgeries to children in need. Spread good news, change lives! Learn more here.
$11.52 raised today!
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.